Acceptable Use Policy
This policy is subject to change, so please check regularly for updates.
1. Interpool Development reserves the right to suspend or cancel a customer's access to any or all services provided by Interpool Development, where Interpool Development decides that the account has been inappropriately used. Interpool Development reserves the right to refuse service and/or access to its network to anyone.
2. Scripts and web applications on the web site must be designed to produce web-based content, and not to use the server as an application server. Using the server to generate large volumes of email from a database is an example of activity that is not allowed. Scripts and web applications should not attempt to manipulate the timeouts on servers. These are set at the present values to ensure the reliability of the server. Sites that reset these do so because they are resource intensive, and adversely affect server performance and are therefore not allowed. Scripts and web applications that are designed to provide proxy services, anonymous or otherwise, are not allowed.
3. Scripts and web applications that use excessive resources such as memory or CPU are not permitted on our servers.
4. The Interpool Development FTP servers may not be used by persons outside of the account holders organisation to transfer files to our servers. The use of web cam applications which maintain a constant FTP connection uploading an image at regular intervals is forbidden.
5. Interpool Development will disable any web site and domain that fails to adhere to the following criteria as soon as we are made aware, in line with current working practices:
5.1. The primary purpose of any web site must be to provide web-based content to viewers. Files on the site must be linked to the web site.
5.2. The primary purpose of any script or web application must be to produce a web page. Scripts and web applications that send a single email based upon user entered information, or update a database are acceptable. Scripts and web applications that send bulk email or perform processor intensive database processes are not allowed. All outgoing mail is monitored and filtered and must be sent using authentication from a Interpool Development hosted mailbox.
5.3. Database services are for the exclusive use of storing the data of web sites hosted on our network and can not be used to store non web site data.
5.4. Web sites must not contain Warez, copyright or other illegal material. The onus is on you the customer to prove that you own the rights to publish material, not for Interpool Development to prove that you do not.
5.5. Web sites must not contain pornographic or other lewd material. Adult Material includes all pornography, erotic images, or otherwise lewd or obscene content. The designation of “adult material” is left entirely to the discretion of Interpool Development.
5.6. Web sites must not use excessive amounts of server resources. These include bandwidth, processor utilization and / or disk space.
5.7. Web sites must not contain scripts and web applications that attempt to access privileged server resources, or other sites on the same server.
5.8. FTP servers are for the exclusive use of our customers and may not be used for anonymous or pubic FTP access.